- For quantitative determination of pectinase activity determination in biological samples.
- Linear detection range from 9.2-100 U/L pectinase activity in a 96-well plate assay.
- Simple and convenient 40-minute “Add-Mix-Measure” type assay. High-throughput format and compatible with laboratory liquid handling systems. No heating is required.
- The kit does not use toxic materials. Refer to the previously established DNS method.
- Enzyme extracts, agriculture, and biological samples
- Plant, fungal tissues, juice, bacteria, etc
- 40 min
- 100 tests
- 9.2 U/L
- 12 months
PECTINASE (EC 126.96.36.199) is an enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of pectin, a heteropolysaccharide found primarily in the middle lamella and cell wall of terrestrial plants. During fruit ripening, enzymes, including pectinase break down the middle lamella, separating cells and softening the fruit. Pectinase enzymes are used in the food industry to liquefy fruit pulp and clarify fruit juice and wine.
BioAssay Systems’ DPEC-100 kit provides a rapid and convenient assay for pectinase enzyme activity, in which pectin the substrate forms a turbid complex with the detection reagent. The turbidity, measured at OD600nm, is proportional to the amount of unhydrolyzed pectin, thus inversely proportional to the pectinase activity.