Assay Design & Development
BioAssay Systems’ scientists have over 50 years of extensive experience in assay development and have designed over 250 assay kits for research and drug discovery. Our scientists will work with you to create the assays to meet your project’s needs. Whether it is developing an entirely novel assay or modifying an existing assay to meet certain specifications, we can provide the service to accomplish your goals.
Novel Assay Design
We work with you from concept design through sample testing to create assays that will meet your research needs. If there is not an existing assay to measure your analyte of interest, we will develop one. The following is a list of common formats and methodologies that we can use to develop a novel assay.
- Paper Based
- Fluorescence (FI, FP, TRF, FRET)
- Antibody (e.g. ELISA)
- Cells and Cell Lysates
- Tissues and Tissue Lysates
- Blood, Serum, Plasma, Urine, Saliva, etc
Common Assay Modifications
- Optimizing an assay for low volume samples for when samples are precious
- Developing sample preparation procedures for unique samples
- Lowering the detection range and sensitivity of an assay to quantify a target range
- Revising assay reagents to work with specific sample types
- Peroxide Assay for Non-aqueous Samples. The QuantiChrom™ Peroxide Assay Kit (DIOX-250) was optimized for use in measuring organic hydroperoxides in non-aqueous samples.
- Lactate Assay for Measurement in Single Cells. The EnzyFluo™ L-Lactate Assay Kit (EFLLC-100) was optimized for use in measuring the increase of the L-Lactate concentration in single cells using fluorescent microscopy