QuantiChrom™ Glyoxalase I Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of glyoxalase enzyme activity.
- Fast and sensitive. Detection limit of 4 U/L GLO-1 activity.
- Convenient and high-throughput. Homogeneous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day.
- OD240nm (Use a UV plate, e.g. 96-well UV plate, cat# P96UV)
- Enzyme preparations or biological samples
- 30 min
- 100 tests
- 4 U/L
- 12 months
More DetailsGLYOXALASE I (GLO-1), a lactoylglutathione lyase also known as methylglyoxalase, aldoketomutase, ketone-aldehyde mutase, and (R)-S-lactoylglutathione methylglyoxal-lyase, is an enzyme that catalyzes the isomerization of hemithioacetal adducts which are formed in spontaneous reactions between glutathionyl groups and aldehydes. The primary physiological function of glyoxalase I is the detoxification of methylglyoxal, a reactive 2-oxoaldehyde that is cytostatic at low concentrations and cytotoxic at millimolar concentrations. Glyoxalase I is a target for the development of pharmaceuticals against bacteria, protozoans and human cancer. Simple, direct and automation-ready procedures for measuring GLO-1 activity in biological samples are highly desirable in research and drug discovery. BioAssay Systems Glyoxalase I assay kit provides a sensitive and convenient method for GLO-1 activity determination. The method involves monitoring the increase in the product of the GLO-1 reaction, S-lactoylglutathione, by measuring the change in absorbance at 240 nm.
No citations for this new product. Please check back later. You may click here to check if citations are available, but are not listed here yet.
Why BioAssay Systems
Quality and User-friendly • Expert Technical Support • Competitive Prices • Expansive Catalogue • Trusted Globally