- For high-throughput screening of FTase inhibitors and evaluation of drug modulators.
- Safe. Non-radioactive assay.
- Homogeneous and convenient. “Mix-incubate-measure” type assay. No wash and reagent transfer steps are involved.
- High-throughput. A Z’-factor of 0.8 and higher is routinely observed in a 384-well format. Can be readily automated to assay thousands of samples per day.
- FL340/550 nm
- Compounds that affect farnesyltransferase activity
- 60 min
- 400 tests in 384well plate
- 6 months
FARNESYLTRANSFERASE (FTase, EC 184.108.40.206) catalyzes the transfer of a farnesyl group from farnesyl pyrophosphate to the cysteine residue of the C-terminus of target proteins. When not properly regulated, farnesylated proteins, including the Ras superfamily of small GTPases, can lead to developmental disorders and cancer. Simple, direct and high-throughput inhibitor screening assays find wide applications for oncology research. BioAssay Systems’ EIFT-400 assay kit provides a convenient fluorimetric method to screen for potential FTase inhibitors. In this assay, FTase reacts with farnesyl pyrophosphate and a dansyl-peptide substrate with measurable fluorescence at λem/ex = 340/550 nm. Inhibition is determined by the decrease in fluorescence.