- For quantitative determination of FTase enzyme activity in biological samples.
- Safe and convenient. Non-radioactive assay. “Mix-incubate-measure” type assay. No wash and reagent transfer steps are involved.
- Sensitive and accurate. Linear detection range 0.024 – 3.2 U/L FTase in a 384-well plate assay.
- High-throughput. Can be readily automated to assay thousands of samples per day.
- FL340/550 nm
- Biological Samples, Purified Enzyme
- 60 min
- 400 tests in 384well plate
- 0.024 U/L
- 6 months
FARNESYLTRANSFERASE (FTase, EC 18.104.22.168) catalyzes the transfer of a farnesyl group from farnesyl pyrophosphate to the cysteine residue of the C-terminus of target proteins. When not properly regulated, farnesylated proteins, including the Ras superfamily of small GTPases, can lead to developmental disorders and cancer. Simple, direct and high-throughput activity assays find wide applications for cancer research, while BioAssay Systems’ EFTS-400 assay kit provides a convenient fluorimetric method for assaying FTase activity. In this assay, FTase reacts with farnesyl pyrophosphate and the dansyl-peptide substrate releasing a product that is measurable by fluorescence (λem/ex = 340/550 nm).