EnzyFluo™ Farnesyltransferase Inhibitor Screening Kit
- For high-throughput screening of FTase inhibitors and evaluation of drug modulators.
- Safe. Non-radioactive assay.
- Homogeneous and convenient. “Mix-incubate-measure” type assay. No wash and reagent transfer steps are involved.
- High-throughput. A Z’-factor of 0.8 and higher is routinely observed in a 384-well format. Can be readily automated to assay thousands of samples per day.
- FL340/550 nm
- Compounds that affect farnesyltransferase activity
- 60 min
- 400 tests in 384well plate
- 6 months
More DetailsFARNESYLTRANSFERASE (FTase, EC 188.8.131.52) catalyzes the transfer of a farnesyl group from farnesyl pyrophosphate to the cysteine residue of the C-terminus of target proteins. When not properly regulated, farnesylated proteins, including the Ras superfamily of small GTPases, can lead to developmental disorders and cancer. Simple, direct and high-throughput inhibitor screening assays find wide applications for oncology research. BioAssay Systems’ EIFT-400 assay kit provides a convenient fluorimetric method to screen for potential FTase inhibitors. In this assay, FTase reacts with farnesyl pyrophosphate and a dansyl-peptide substrate with measurable fluorescence at λem/ex = 340/550 nm. Inhibition is determined by the decrease in fluorescence.
I only have a spectrophotometer that reads OD. Would it be possible to run this assay colorimetrically?
One of the main substrates in this assay is a dansyl peptide fluorophore so the assay must be run fluorometrically
Does the kit include FTase enzyme?
This kit does not include enzyme. The purpose of this assay is to determine the FTase activity of the sample. If a pure enzyme is desired, the customer can purchase it from e.g Jena Biosciences, cat# PR-102.
For more detailed product information and questions, please feel free to email us or call us at 1-510-782-9988 x 2. For more general information regarding our assays, please refer to Technical Support.
No citations for this new product. Please check back later. You may click here to check if citations are available, but are not listed here yet.
Why BioAssay Systems
Quality and User-friendly • Expert Technical Support • Competitive Prices • Expansive Catalogue • Trusted Globally