EnzyChrom™ Glucose Assay Kit II
- For quantitative determination of glucose and evaluation of drug effects on glucose metabolism.
- Sensitive and accurate. Use as little as 20 µL samples. Linear detection range in 96-well plate: 0.1 to 3 mM (1.8 mg/dL to 54 mg/dL) glucose for colorimetric assays.
- Convenient. Room temperature assay. No 37°C heater is needed.
- Simple and high-throughput. The procedure involves the addition of a single working reagent and incubation for 20 min at room temperature. Homogeneous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day.
- Serum, plasma, urine, saliva, milk, culture medium, food, beverages, etc
- 20 min
- 100 tests
- 0.1 mM
- 6 months
More DetailsGlucose (C6H12O6) is a key diagnostic parameter for many metabolic disorders. Increased glucose levels have been associated with diabetes mellitus, and hyperactivity of the thyroid, pituitary, and adrenal glands. Decreased levels are found in insulin-secreting tumors, myxedema, hypopituitarism, and hypoadrenalism. Simple, direct, and high-throughput assays for measuring glucose concentrations find wide applications in research and drug discovery. BioAssay Systems glucose assay kit II uses an enzyme to reduce NAD. The produced NADH, measured at 340 nm, is proportional to the glucose concentration in the sample
What are the differences between the three EnzyChrom Glucose assay kits?
EBGL – best at detecting low levels of glucose (as low as 5 µM)
EGL2 – best at measuring high levels of glucose using a low wavelength filter (340 nm)
EGL3 – best at measuring high levels of glucose using a high wavelength filter (565 nm)
Which of the three EnzyChrom Glucose assay kits can be used with urine, saliva, or serum samples?
EBGL – Not recommended for urine, saliva, or serum samples
EGL2 – Compatible with urine and serum samples, not recommended for saliva samples
EGL3 – Recommended for urine, saliva, and serum samples
*Sample blanks are to be used when testing urine samples with EGL2 or EGL3.
No citations for this new product. Please check back later. You may click here to check if citations are available, but are not listed here yet.
Why BioAssay Systems
Quality and User-friendly • Expert Technical Support • Competitive Prices • Expansive Catalogue • Trusted Globally