QuantiChrom™ Plasmin Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of plasmin enzyme activity in biological samples.
- Safe and sensitive. Non-radioactive assay. Use as little as 10 μL samples. Linear detection range in 96-well plate: 0.35 to 56.5 U/L activity.
- Fast and convenient. The procedure involves addition of a single working reagent and incubation for 30 min.
- High-throughput. Homogeneous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay. Can be readily automated to assay thousands of samples per day.
- Serum and other biological samples
- 30 min
- 100 tests in 96-well plate
- 0.35 U/L
- 6 months
More DetailsPLASMIN (220.127.116.11) is a serine protease that is a key enzyme in the process of fibrinolysis. Plasmin is released into circulation as its inactive form, plasminogen, which can be activated by enzymes such as urokinase. The plasmin/plasminogen system has been studied for its role in inflammation, degradation of the extracellular matrix, and wound healing. BioAssay Systems’ DPLM-100 kit provides a convenient colorimetric method to measure plasmin activity. In this assay, plasmin hydrolyzes a synthetic substrate to release p-nitroanilide (pNA), which absorbs at 405 nm. The increase in absorbance at 405 nm is directly proportional to the enzyme activity.
Does this kit come with plasmin?
No, this kit does not come with a plasmin positive control.
Why is the signal from my samples is very low?
It is possible that much of the plasmin is present in the form of plasminogen, which is inactive and will not react with the substrate in the kit. Plasminogen needs to be activated, for example by incubation with streptokinase or urokinase.
My kit was delayed during shipping, will it still work?
This kit is stable for 10 days at room temperature, so the kit is most likely fine.
For more detailed product information and questions, please feel free to email or call us at 1-510-782-9988 x 2. For more general information regarding our assays, please refer to Technical Support.
No citations for this new product. Please check back later. You may click here to check if citations are available, but are not listed here yet.
You may also like…
|QuantiFluo™ Urokinase Assay Kit
|QuantiFluo™ Urokinase Inhibitor Screening Assay Kit
Blood & Urine Chemistry
QuantiFluo™ Urokinase Inhibitor Screening Assay Kit$399.00 Add to cart
|QuantiChrom™ Protein Creatinine Ratio Assay Kit
Why BioAssay Systems
Quality and User-friendly • Expert Technical Support • Competitive Prices • Expansive Catalogue • Trusted Globally