EnzyChrom™ Phosphoglucomutase Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of phosphoglucomutase enzyme activity in biological samples.
- Safe and sensitive. Non-radioactive assay. Linear detection range in 96-well plate: 0.5 to 20 U/L activity.
- Fast and convenient. The procedure involves addition of a single working reagent and incubation for 20 min. Room temperature assay. No 37°C incubator is needed.
- High-throughput. Homogeneous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay. Can be readily automated to assay thousands of samples per day.
- Serum, plasma, cell lysate, and other biological samples
- 20 min
- 100 tests in 96-well plate
- 0.5 U/L
- 6 months
More DetailsPHOSPHOGLUCOMUTASE (E.C. 126.96.36.199) is an enzyme which catalyzes the interconversion of glucose-1-phosphate (G1P) and glucose-6-phosate (G6P). Phosphoglucomutase (PGM) plays a crucial role in glycogen synthesis and degradation. PGM 1 deficiency can cause a rare congenital disorder of glycosylation. A decrease in PGM activity has also been linked with oxidative stress. In BioAssay Systems’ EPGM-100 assay, PGM converts G1P to G6P, which is then oxidized by glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. The formed NADPH is coupled to a formazan chromogen. The increase in absorbance at 460 nm is directly proportional to phosphoglucomutase activity.
Does this kit come with phosphoglucomutase?
No, this kit does not come with a phosphoglucomutase positive control.
What was the source of the enzyme used to develop this kit?
Phosphoglucomutase from rabbit skeletal muscle was used when developing this kit.
What cell count should I use when preparing cell lysate?
Our general guideline is to suspend about two million (2 x 10^6) harvested cells in 400 μL PBS on ice, then run a pilot test of the sample at different dilutions to determine the optimal one. When testing this kit with PANC-1 cell lysate, we used 650,000 cells/mL. However, the optimal number may vary depending on your cell line and samples.
For more detailed product information and questions, please feel free to email or call us at 1-510-782-9988 x 2. For more general information regarding our assays, please refer to Technical Support.
No citations for this new product. Please check back later. You may click here to check if citations are available, but are not listed here yet.
Why BioAssay Systems
Quality and User-friendly • Expert Technical Support • Competitive Prices • Expansive Catalogue • Trusted Globally