- For quantitative determination of glutaminase activity in biological samples.
- Fast and Safe. Assay can be completed within 40 minutes. Non-radioactive assay.
- Sensitive and accurate. Linear detection range is 0.66-500 U/L glutaminase in a 96-well plate assay.
- Convenient and high-throughput. Homogeneous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay. Can be readily automated to assay thousands of samples per day.
- FL415/475 nm
- Biological Samples, Purified Enzyme
- 50 min
- 100 tests in 96well plate
- 0.66 U/L
- 6 months
GLUTAMINASE (EC 22.214.171.124) is a key enzyme in the metabolism of glutamine. Glutamine is an important amino acid in the metabolism of cancer cells, and increased glutaminolysis has been linked to cancer. BioAssay Systems’ DGLN-100 Kit provides a convenient fluorimetric method to measure glutaminase activity in biological samples. In this assay, o-phthalaldehyde reacts with liberated ammonia where the increase in fluorescence at λex/em = 415/475 nm is directly proportional to enzyme activity.