- For quantitative determination of D-mannitol in biological, food, beverage, and agriculture samples.
- Fast and sensitive. Use of 20 µL sample. Linear detection range from 0.007 to 3 mM mannitol in a 96-well plate assay.
- Convenient. The procedure involves adding a single working reagent and reading the absorbance after 30 minutes. Room temperature assay. No 37°C heater is needed.
- High-throughput. “Add-mix-read” type assay. Can be readily automated as a high-throughput 96-well plate assay for thousands of samples per day.
- Biological, food, beverage, and agricultural products
- 30 min
- 100 tests
- 7 µM
- 6 months
D-MANNITOL (C6H14O6) is a sugar alcohol used in dietary supplements, sweeteners, intestinal permeability tests for leaky gut, etc. It also serves as a coating for hard candies, dried fruits, and chewing gums due to its low ability to attract and hold water molecules. In addition, it is an osmoprotectant for plants and is used clinically in osmotherapy to reduce intracranial pressure.BioAssay Systems D-mannitol assay kit is based on mannitol dehydrogenase catalyzed oxidation of D-mannitol, which generates D-fructose and NADH that reduces a formazan (MTT) dye. The intensity of product color, measured at 565 nm is directly proportional to D-mannitol concentration in the sample.