- For Direct determination of cobalt ions in aqueous samples.
- Sensitive and accurate. Linear detection range from 1.4 µM to 200 µM cobalt ions in a 96-well plate assay.
- Simple and high-throughput. The procedure involves the addition of a single working reagent with immediate color development. Can be readily automated as a high-throughput assay for thousands of samples per day.
- Improved reagent stability and versatility. The optimized formulation has greatly enhanced reagent stability. Cuvette or 96-well plate assay.
- Aqueous samples
- 10 min
- 100 tests in a 96-well plate
- 6 months
Cobalt is an essential micronutrient for all multicellular organisms as the active center of cobalamin, such as vitamin B-12, which is essential for plants and animals. Cobalt is also a micronutrient for bacteria, algae, and fungi. Despite being an important micronutrient, excess cobalt in the environment can be deleterious to life leading to cardiomyopathy in humans and necrosis in plants.Simple, direct, and automation-ready procedures for measuring cobalt concentrations find wide applications in research and environmental monitoring. BioAssay Systems’ cobalt assay kit is designed to measure total cobalt directly in aqueous samples without any pretreatment. The intensity of the color, measured at 485nm, is directly proportional to the cobalt concentration in the sample.