QuantiChrom™ Arginase Inhibitor Screening Kit
- For evaluation and high-throughput screen (HTS) of arginase modulators.
- Safe. Non-radioactive assay.
- High-throughput. Homogenous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling system.
- Rapid and reliable. Can be completed in less than 2 hours and no 37°C heater is needed.
- Compounds that affect arginase activity
- 1 hour 45 min
- 100 tests
- 12 months
- ARGINASE (L-arginine ureohydrolase EC 188.8.131.52) is present in mammals and plants. In humans, arginase is expressed predominantly in the liver, and to lesser degrees in the breast, kidney, testes, salivary glands, epidermis and erythrocytes. Arginase catalyzes the conversion of arginine to ornithine and urea, important for protection against NH3 toxicity and for cell growth and repair. Excessive arginase activity has been linked to cardiovascular diseases and also contributes to vascular structural problems and neural toxicity. Studies show that arginase inhibitors have been proven to be beneficial in cardiovascular and nervous system diseases. Simple, direct, and automation-ready procedures for measuring arginase inhibition are highly desirable in Research and Drug Discovery.BioAssay Systems’ arginase inhibitor screening kit provides a sensitive and convenient method to screen for arginase inhibitors. The method utilizes a chromogen that forms a colored complex specifically with urea produced in the arginase reaction. The intensity of the color is directly proportional to the arginase activity in the sample. Percent inhibition of a test compound can be determined by comparing the color intensity of the reaction preincubated with the test compound with the color intensity of an untreated control reaction
Does the kit come with arginase or control inhibitors?
No, these are not included.
How do I store the kit?
This kit is shipped at room temperature. Store the Arginine Buffer at -20°C, and other components at 2-8°C for long term storage.
What species of arginase was the kit optimized for?
The kit was optimized for Human Arginase I.
What if I am interested in testing inhibition of a species besides human?
We recommend that you experimentally determine the Km and then adjust the volume of substrate so that the final concentration of the substrate in the 250 µL Reaction Volume is near the Km.
What arginase inhibitors were tested using this kit?
ABH ammonium salt.
No citations for this new product. Please check back later. You may click here to check if citations are available, but are not listed here yet.
You may also like…
|QuantiChrom™ Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor Screening Kit
Agriculture & Environment
QuantiChrom™ Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor Screening Kit$399.00 Add to cart
|EnzyChrom™ Nitric Oxide Synthase Inhibitor Screening Kit
Inhibitor HTS Kits
EnzyChrom™ Nitric Oxide Synthase Inhibitor Screening Kit$469.00 Add to cart
|EnzyChrom™ Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor Screening Kit
HTS Reagents & Kits
EnzyChrom™ Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor Screening Kit$409.00 Add to cart
|QuantiChrom™ Arginase Assay Kit
Why BioAssay Systems
Quality and User-friendly • Expert Technical Support • Competitive Prices • Expansive Catalogue • Trusted Globally