EnzyChrom™ Aldehyde Dehydrogenase Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of aldehyde dehydrogenase activity in biological samples (e.g serum, cell lysate, etc)
- Sensitive and accurate. Linear detection range 0.2 – 25 U/L ALDH in a 96-well plate assay.
- Convenient. The assay involves the addition of a single working reagent and can be completed in under an hour.
- Robust and amenable to HTS. Homogeneous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay. No wash and reagent transfer steps are involved. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day.
- biological samples (serum, cell lysate, etc)
- 100 tests
- 0.2 U/L
- 6 months
More DetailsALDEHYDE DEHYDROGENASES (ALDHs) are a superfamily of oxidoreductases that catalyze the conversion of aldehydes to carboxylic acids. ALDH is crucial in the metabolism of alcohol as alcohol dehydrogenase breaks down ethanol to acetaldehyde. Acetaldehyde, which is toxic to the body, is in turn broken down by ALDH to acetic acid. Imbalances of ALDHs have been linked to both alcoholism and alcohol sensitivity in people.BioAssay Systems’ EADH-100 Kit is based on the enzymatic conversion of acetaldehyde to acetic acid and NADH by ALDH. The formed NADH is converted into a colored product, the absorbance of which, measured at 565 nm, is proportional to the enzyme activity in the reaction.
Does the kit come with aldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme?
No, the user needs to provide their own purified enzyme.
I noticed that precipitate formed when I mixed the Working Reagent and cell lysate sample. Is this normal?
Yes, this should not be a problem. Try centrifuging the sample and using the clear supernatant to run the assay (e.g. 5 minutes at 14000 rpm).
No citations for this new product. Please check back later. You may click here to check if citations are available, but are not listed here yet.
You may also like…
|EnzyChrom™ Acetaldehyde Assay Kit
|QuantiFluo™ Urokinase Inhibitor Screening Assay Kit
Blood & Urine Chemistry
QuantiFluo™ Urokinase Inhibitor Screening Assay Kit$399.00 Add to cart
|QuantiChrom™ Protein Creatinine Ratio Assay Kit
|QuantiChrom™ Formaldehyde Assay Kit
|QuantiChrom™ Acetylcholinesterase Assay Kit
Why BioAssay Systems
Quality and User-friendly • Expert Technical Support • Competitive Prices • Expansive Catalogue • Trusted Globally