QuantiChrom™ Pyrophosphatase Assay Kit
- For detection and quantification of pyrophosphatase enzyme activity.
- Safe and sensitive. Non-radioactive assay. Use as little as 10 μL samples. Linear detection range in 96-well plate: 1.0 to 20 U/L activity.
- Fast and convenient. The procedure involves addition of a single working reagent and incubation for 60 min. Room temperature assay. No 37°C incubator is needed.
- High-throughput. Homogeneous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay. Can be readily automated to assay thousands of samples per day.
- Biological samples
- 1 hr
- 100 tests in 96well plate
- 1.0 U/L
- 6 months
More DetailsINORGANIC PYROPHOSPHATASE(E.C.18.104.22.168) catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphoester bonds on inorganic pyrophosphate [P2O74-], thereby releasing two orthophosphate molecules. Family I PPases are essential enzymes found in all kingdoms of life and are responsible for maintaining the correct pyrophosphate equilibrium necessary to carry out nucleic acid and protein synthesis, and facilitate fatty acid β-oxidation. Simple, direct and automation-ready procedures for measuring pyrophosphatase activity are very desirable. BioAssay Systems’ DPPT-100 assay is based on our proprietary phosphate assay kit (POMG-25H). The color intensity, measured at 620 nm, is proportionate to the amount of phosphate released from pyrophosphate hydrolysis.
Will this kit work on Family I/II/M PPases?
This kit was developed using a family I Ppase, and we cannot guarantee reliable results for a family II or membrane PPases.
For more detailed product information and questions, please feel free to email us or call us at 1-510-782-9988 x 2. For more general information regarding our assays, please refer to Technical Support.
No citations for this new product. Please check back later. You may click here to check if citations are available, but are not listed here yet.
Why BioAssay Systems
Quality and User-friendly • Expert Technical Support • Competitive Prices • Expansive Catalogue • Trusted Globally