QuantiChrom™ α-L-Fucosidase Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of α-L-Fucosidase activity in biological samples.
- High sensitivity and wide linear range. Linear detection range (10 µL sample): 1 to 100 U/L.
- Homogeneous and simple procedure. A simple add-mix-read procedure allows reliable quantitation of fucosidase activity within 20 minutes.
- Robust and amenable to HTS. All reagents are compatible with high-throughput liquid handling instruments. Can be readily automated to measure thousands of samples per day.
- Plasma, serum, tissue, cell lysate, etc
- 20 min
- 100 tests
- 1 U/L
- 6 months
More Detailsα-L-FUCOSIDASE (AFU) is an enzyme coded by the FUCA1 gene in humans and catalyzes the breakdown of L-Fucose. A genetic deficiency in this enzyme results in a neurovisceral storage disease, fucosidosis, which is characterized by the accumulation of fucose. Low serum activity of fucosidase has also been linked to ovarian carcinoma. Elevated fucosidase serum activity has been observed in patients with diabetes, hyperthyroidism, cirrhosis, and hepatitis. Increased activity has been associated with lung, breast, stomach, ovary, uterus, and liver carcinomas.BioAssay System’s non-radioactive, colorimetric AFU assay is based on the cleavage of 4-nitrophenol from the synthetic substrate. Nitrophenol becomes intensely colored after the addition of the stop reagent. The increase in absorbance at 405 nm after the addition of the stop reagent is directly proportional to the enzyme activity.
No citations for this new product. Please check back later. You may click here to check if citations are available, but are not listed here yet.
Catalog No: DFUC-100 Categories Agriculture & Environment, Blood & Urine Chemistry, Diabetes & Obesity, Metabolism, Oncology Tags Agriculture & Environment, alpha-L-Fucosidase assay kits, alpha-L-Fucosidase determination kits, alpha-L-Fucosidase measurement kits, alpha-L-Fucosidase test kits, Blood & Urine Chemistry, DFUC-100, Diabetes & Obesity, metabolism, oncology, QuantiChrom alpha-L-Fucosidase Assay Kits, QuantiChromTM α-L-Fucosidase Assay Kit