QuantiChrom™ Whole Blood Hemoglobin Kit
- For quantitative determination of hemoglobin (Hb) in whole blood.
- Safety. Non-hazardous. Reagents do not contain any toxic components, e.g. hexacyanoferrate(III) and potassium cyanide used in Drabkin’s reagent.
- Simple and high-throughput. The “mix-and-read” procedure involves the addition of a single reagent and reading the optical density. Can be readily automated as a high-throughput assay in 96-well plates for thousands of samples per day.
- Versatility. Assays can be executed in 96-well plates or cuvettes.
- High sensitivity. As low as 5 µL sample is used. Ideal when samples are limited such as mice blood samples.
- Whole blood samples
- 5 min
- 250 tests
- 0.2 g/dL
- 12 months
More DetailsHEMOGLOBIN (Hb) is made of four globin chains each carrying a heme group. It is carried by red blood cells and transports oxygen from the lungs to the peripheral tissues to maintain the viability of cells. Quantitation of blood hemoglobin has been a key diagnostic parameter for various diseases such as anemia, polycythemia, and dehydration. Simple, direct, and automation-ready procedures for measuring hemoglobin concentration are becoming popular in Research and Drug Discovery. BioAssay Systems QuantiChrom™ Whole Blood Hb kit is based on an improved Triton/NaOH method, in which the hemoglobin is converted into a uniform colored end product. The intensity of color, measured at 570 nm, is directly proportional to hemoglobin concentration in the sample. The optimized formulation substantially reduces interference by substances in the raw samples.
Ward, E. J., Suleria, H. A. R., Joseph, M., Chambers, E., IV, Alavi, S., & Lindshield, B. L. (2020). Soy protein is an efficacious alternative to whey protein in sorghum-soy fortified blended foods in rats. Current Developments in Nutrition, 4(nzaa115). Assay: Whole Blood Hemoglobin Kit in Sprague Dawley rats blood.
Murata, Y., Yoshida, M., Sakamoto, N., Morimoto, S., Watanabe, T., & Namba, K. (2020). Iron uptake mediated by the plant-derived chelator nicotianamine in the small intestine. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. Assay: Whole Blood Hemoglobin Kit in mouse blood.
Ward, E. J. (2019). Efficacy of iron fortification and protein efficiency in fortified blended foods and extruded rice in rats [Thesis]. Assay: Whole Blood Hemoglobin Kit in weanling Sprague Dawley rats blood.
To find more recent publications, please click here.