- For quantitative determination of β-glucuronidase enzyme activity in biological samples, e.g. blood, tissue and bacterial samples.
- Highly Sensitive. The fluorimetric nature of the kit detects 1×10-4 U/L to 8 U/L BG activity in 96 well plate with only 10 µL sample within 30 min.
- Versatile. This assay has been validated to work with both animal and E. coli derived β-glucuronidase.
- High-throughput. Homogeneous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay. Can be readily automated to assay thousands of samples per day.
- Blood, tissue and bacterial samples
- 30 min
- 100 tests in 96-well plate
- 10-4 U/L
- 6 months
BETA-GLUCURONIDASE (BG) is an enzyme which catalyzes the hydrolysis of β-glucuronide bonds. In humans, β-glucuronidase catalyzes the hydrolysis of β-D-glucuronic acids from glycoproteins and mucopolysaccharides such as heparan sulfate. β-glucuronidase activity is important for drug metabolism as drugs are often conjugated to glucuronic acid to make for a more water soluble delivery system, relying on subsequent β-glucuronidase activity to release the active drug. Bilirubin clearance is also facilitated by glucuronidation. GUSB is often used as a reporter gene to track gene expression through β-glucuronidase activity. BioAssay Systems’ fluorimetric BG assay uses a β-D-glucuronide substrate which fluoresces upon hydrolysis with β-glucuronidase and is read at 365/450 nm.