QuantiQuik™ Albumin Quick Test Strips
- For rapid, direct determination of albumin concentrations in biological samples (e.g. serum, plasma, urine, etc.) Note: Requires access to pipettes for dilution. We offer pipettes that can be purchased separately: 100 uL Pipettes (Catalog: TP-100).
- Fast and sensitive. Use of 10 µL sample. Semi-quantitative measurement between 0-0.4 g/dL or 0-60 µM (undiluted) Albumin.
- Convenient. No sophisticated laboratory equipment is required.
- Sample treatment and assay can be performed in under 15 minutes.
- Serum, plasma, urine, etc
- Approximately 15 min
- 10 tests
- 6 months
- ALBUMIN is the most abundant plasma protein in humans. Albumin plays many important physiological roles, including the maintenance of colloid osmotic pressure and binding of key substances such as long-chain fatty acids, bile acids, bilirubin, haematin, calcium, and magnesium. Serum albumin is a reliable prognostic indicator for liver disease, nephritic syndrome, malnutrition, protein-losing enteropathies, as well as morbidity and mortality. In addition, elevated levels of serum albumin are associated with dehydration. Detection of albumin in the urine is also crucial for the diagnosis of patients with albuminuria disease.BioAssay Systems’ QuantiQuik™ Albumin Test Strips are based on the immobilization of an albumin-sensitive chromagen onto a pad. Albumin will react with the chromagen and produce a colored product. The intensity of the product color is directly proportional to the albumin concentration in the sample. The QuantiQuik™ Albumin Test strips are a rapid and inexpensive method for semi-quantitative determination of albumin that does not require sophisticated laboratory instrument
What samples have you tested?
The strips have been tested on serum, plasma, and urine samples.
My sample turns the strip very dark blue, how can I determine the albumin concentration?
Very dark blue indicates that the diluted sample concentration is greater than 0.4 g/dL Albumin. To obtain a more accurate concentration, the sample should be further diluted and retested. For example, if the sample was tested undiluted, try diluting 5× or 10× in dH2O.
Can I store unused reagents for future use?
Yes, unused reagents can be stored according to the assay protocol. The strips should be kept in a dry, preferably cool location protected from light.
No citations for this new product. Please check back later. You may click here to check if citations are available, but are not listed here yet.
You may also like…
|QuantiQuik™ Glucose Quick Test Strips
|QuantiQuik™ L-Glutamate Quick Test Strips
|QuantiQuik™ D-Lactic Acid Quick Test Strips
Why BioAssay Systems
Quality and User-friendly • Expert Technical Support • Competitive Prices • Expansive Catalogue • Trusted Globally