PractiChrom™ Histamine Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of histamine using the PiCO Explorer handheld absorbance reader.
- Sensitive and accurate. Detection limit of 0.012 mM (1.3 ppm, 0.13 mg/dL) and linearity to 1 mM (111 ppm, 11.1 mg/dL) Histamine.
- Convenient. Assay performed with portable PiCO Explorer device.
- Cost efficient. No need for expensive plate readers.
- Food, beverage, and agricultural products.
- 25 tests
- 0.012 mM
- 6 months
- HISTAMINE (C5H9N3) is a biogenic amine naturally present in many foods and body cells in amounts without toxicological significance. It is also a contaminant that mostly found in the Scombridae family fishes such as tuna and mackerel or other seafood products when improperly handled or stored. The consumption of foods containing high level of histamine may lead to an allergy-like food poisoning known as scombroid poisoning.
BioAssay Systems' PractiChrom™ Histamine Assay Kit is based on enzyme catalyzed oxidation of histamine in which the formed electron mediator reduces a formazan reagent. The intensity of product color is directly proportional to histamine concentration in the sample.