QuantiChrom™ Salicylate Assay Kit
- Direct Assays: Salicylate in biological samples (e.g. serum, plasma, urine)
- Consumer Products: salicylate in beauty products, mouthwash, etc.
- Fast and sensitive. Linear detection range: 0.8 mM (10.9 mg/dL) to 20 mM (274.2 mg/dL) salicylate with 20 µL sample (96-well).
- Convenient. The procedure involves adding a single working reagent.
- High-throughput. "Add-mix-read" type assay. Can be readily automated as a high-throughput 96-well or 384-well plate assay for thousands of samples per day.
- Serum, plasma, urine, food, beverage, agriculture, drugs, beauty, mouthwash samples, etc
- 100 Tests
- 12 months
- SALICYLATE is a salt or ester of salicylic acid, and can be found naturally in some plants. It is also a metabolic byproduct of aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) and salicylate concentrations are often tested in blood or urine in cases of suspected overdose. Salicylic acid is commonly used in skincare products as an exfoliating ingredient, and in other consumer products as a preservative. BioAssay Systems’ salicylate detection kit provides a convenient and reliable means to measure salicylate. In the assay, salicylate complexes with ferric chloride to create a colored compound that can be measured at 560 nm. This assay can be used with a variety of samples and is simple, sensitive, and adaptable to high-throughput screening.