QuantiChrom™ Phytase Assay Kit
- A simplest, direct "Add-and-Measure" assay for phytase enzyme activity in agricultural and biological samples.
- Simple and convenient: No complex detection reagents to mix.
- High sensitivity and wide detection range: Detection range of 0.01 to 20 U/L phytase in a 96-well plate assay.
- Fast and high-throughput: Homogeneous "mix-and-measure" assay allows for quantification of phytase activity within 60 minutes.
- Enzyme extracts, agriculture and biological samples
- All (e.g. Wheat, Barley)
- 60 min
- 100 tests
- 0.01 U/L
- 12 months
- PHYTASE catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphoester bonds on myoinositol-(1,2,3,4,5,6)-hexakisphosphate (Phytic acid or IP6) thereby releasing inositol and phosphate. Phytic acid is a major storage reservoir for phosphate in plants. Phytase is abundant in grains such as wheat and barley, and the hydrolysis of phytic acid by single-stomached animals is a crucial aspect of animal nutrition. In addition, the lack of phytase in single-stomached animals can lead to excessive phosphorus leaching into the environment due to undigested phytic acid.
Simple, direct and automation-ready procedures for measuring phytase activity are very desirable. BioAssay Systems' QuantiChromTM Phytase Assay is based on our Malachite Green Phosphate Assay (POMG-25H). The color intensity, measured at 620 nm, is proportionate to the amount of phosphate released from phytic acid.