EnzyFluo™ Human/Mouse GSK3B(S9) Phosphorylation ELISA Kit
- Determination of GSK3B(S9) phosphorylation status in whole cells.
- Evaluation of pathway modulation by activators, inhibitors, siRNA etc.
- New and improved. Total assay time reduced from the standard 9 hours to 5 hours.
- Simple and convenient. Cells are directly cultured in 96-well plates. No cell lysis necessary.
- Accurate. Protein phosphorylation is normalized to total cellular protein in the same well, greatly minimizing well-to-well variations.
- Cell-Based ELISA (FL530/585 nm, 360/450 nm)
- human, rat and mouse
- 100 tests
- 6 months
- PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATION plays key roles in regulating protein
activity within cells. A large number of protein kinases and phosphatases
are known to be involved in a variety of signal transduction pathways. A
rapid assay capable of monitoring such signal transduction pathways,
target protein phosphorylation status and drug effects is highly desirable in
life science research and drug discovery.
Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 beta (GSK3B, Gsk3b, 7330414F15Rik, 8430431H08Rik, C86142, GSK-3, GSK-3beta, GSK3. EC 126.96.36.199) plays an important role in energy metabolism, neuronal cell development, and body pattern formation. It is a novel therapeutic target for ischemic stroke. BioAssay Systems' GSK3B(S9)Phosphorylation ELISA Kit provides a rapid and sensitive assay for measuring the phosphorylated protein pGSK3B(S9) in cultured cells and normalizes the level of phosphorylation to the total protein content in the same well. This simple and efficient assay eliminates the need for cell lysate preparation and can be used to study the underlying signal pathway and effects of inhibitors, siRNA or activators on the pathway. In this assay, cells grown in a 96-well plate are fixed and permeabilized. The phosphorylation of GSK3B(S9) is measured using a specific primary antibody followed by a HRP-conjugated secondary antibody with a fluorogenic substrate, and a fluorescent reagent that measures the total protein in the same well.