Parallel Artificial Membrane Permeability Assay (PAMPA) Kit
- Assess membrane permeability of test compounds.
- Convenient. Includes all necessary equipment to run a PAMPA plate.
- Simple and low-cost. Procedure is easy to follow and more affordable than cell-based permeability assays.
- High-throughput. Can be readily automated as a high-throughput 96-well plate assay for thousands of samples per day.
- Chemical compounds
- 96 tests
- 12 months
- MEMBRANE PERMEABILITY is an important characteristic to determine for evaluating compounds as potential drug candidates. Drugs often need to cross cell membranes in order to reach their target of action and this makes a compound's ability to passively cross these membranes an important characteristic to evaluate. Permeability can be evaluated by cell-based methods; however, these methods are often expensive and time consuming. Parallel Artificial Permeability Assays (PAMPA) offer researchers a quick, inexpensive method of evaluating the permeability of test compounds. BioAssay Systems' PAMPA Kit provides all the necessary components to run a Parallel Artificial Permeability Assay.
What are the Permeability Controls?The High, Medium, and Low Permeability Controls are 10mM solutions of Chloramphenicol, Diclofenac, and Theophylline, respectively, in DMSO.
What other materials are required to run the assay?Pipetting devices, DMSO, PBS, UV Plates (Cat # P96UV), and an absorbance plate reader capable of absorbance spectrums.
What is the membrane of the donor plate?The donor plate membrane is a Hydrophobic PVDF membrane with a pore size of 0.45 µm.
For more detailed product information and questions, please feel free to Contact Us. Or for more general information regarding our assays, please refer to our General Questions.