PractiChrom™ L-Glutamate Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of L-Glutamate using the PiCO Explorer handheld absorbance reader.
- Sensitive and accurate. Detection limit of 0.05 mM (7.3 ppm, 0.73 mg/dL) and linearity to 2 mM (292 ppm, 29.2 mg/dL) Glutamate.
- Convenient. Assay performed with portable PiCO Explorer device.
- Cost efficient. No need for expensive plate readers.
- Food and beverage samples (e.g. soups, sauces, milk, etc).
- 25 tests
- 0.05 mM
- 6 months
- Glutamate is an important chemical in general metabolism. It is also widely used as a flavor enhancer in the food industry. Consumption of foods containing monosodium glutamate (MSG) has been known to cause headaches, flushing, sweating, nausea, and more. Glutamate is also a crucial mammalian neurotransmitter that is believed to be involved in a number of neurological and psychiatric disorders such as lateral sclerosis, autism, and Alzheimer's disease.
BioAssay Systems' PractiChrom™ Glutamate Assay Kit is based on glutamate dehydrogenase catalyzed oxidation of glutamate in which the formed NADH reduces a chromogenic reagent. The intensity of the product color is directly proportional to the glutamate concentration in the sample.