QuantiChrom™ Glutathione S-transferase Assay Kit
- Glutathione S-transferase activity determination in biological samples.
- Fast and sensitive. Linear detection range (20 µL sample): 2 to 80 U/L for 10 min reaction at 25°C.
- Convenient and high-throughput. Homogeneous "mix-incubate-measure" type assay. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day.
- Biological samples (e.g. cell lysates, tissues, etc.)
- 100 tests
- 2 U/L
- 6 months
- GLUTATHIONE TRANSFERASE (GST; EC 184.108.40.206) is a multifunctionalenzyme that plays an important role in cellular detoxification. GST protects cells against foreign compounds such as carcinogens and drugs by catalyzing the attachment of glutathione to the compounds electrophilic and/or hydrophobic sites.
BioAssay Systems Glutathione S-transferase assay kit is based on the GST enzyme reaction between GSH and the GST substrate, CDNB (1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene). The GST catalyzed formation of GS-DNB produces a dinitrophenyl thioether which can be detected spectrophotometrically at 340 nm. The rate of increase in absorbance at 340 nm is directly proportional to the GST activity in the sample.
How do I store the kit?This kit is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receiving, please keep the kit at 4°C. Store reconstituted glutathione tube at -20°C and use within 3 weeks.
What kind of samples can be used?This kit can be used in cell, tissue, plasma, and erythrocyte samples, etc.
Can I store unused reagents for future use?Yes, unused reagents can be stored according to the assay protocol. Since glutathione is quite unstable after reconstitution, store unused glutathione at -20°C and avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
For more detailed product information and questions, please feel free to Contact Us. Or for more general information regarding our assays, please refer to our General Questions.