QuantiChrom™ α-Glucosidase Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of α-glucosidase activity and evaluation of drug effects on its metabolism.
- High sensitivity and wide linear range. Use 20 μL sample. The detection limit is 2 U/L, linear up to 250 U/L.
- Homogeneous and simple procedure. Simple "mix-and-measure" procedure allows reliable quantitation of α-glucosidase activity within 20 minutes.
- Robust and amenable to HTS. All reagents are compatible with high-throughput liquid handling instruments.
- 100 tests
- 2 U/L
- 6 months
- α-GLUCOSIDASE hydrolyzes the terminal, non-reducing 1,4-linked α-D-glucose residues with release of α-D-glucose. α-Glucosidase is needed by all animals to hydrolyze maltose to glucose for use as a food. Aberrant activities have been implicated in diseases such as diabetes and Pompe disease. Simple, direct and automation-ready procedures for measuring α-glucosidase activity are becoming popular in Research and Drug Discovery. BioAssay Systems QuantiChrom™ α-Glucosidase Assay Kit is designed to measure α-glucosidase activity directly in biological samples without pretreatment. The improved method utilizes p-nitrophenyl-α-D-glucopyranoside that is hydrolyzed specifically by α-glucosidase into a yellow colored product (maximal absorbance at 405nm). The rate of the reaction is directly proportional to the enzyme activity.
How to prepare of sperm samples for the α-glucosidase assay?Cell-free seminal plasma should be used, which can be obtained by centrifugation of whole semen. If desired, the acid isoenzyme can be inhibited, so that only the neutral isoform is being measured.
For more detailed product information and questions, please feel free to Contact Us. Or for more general information regarding our assays, please refer to our General Questions.