QuantiChrom™ Glyoxalase I Assay Kit
- For quantitative determination of glyoxalase activity. Note: use a UV plate (e.g. 96-well UV plate, cat# P96UV).
- Fast and sensitive. Detection Limit 4 U/L GLO-1 Activity.
- Convenient and high-throughput. Homogeneous "mix-incubate-measure" type assay. Can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day.
- Enzyme preparations or biological samples
- 100 tests
- 4 U/L
- 12 months
- GLYOXALASE I (GLO-1), a lactoylglutathione lyase also known as methylglyoxalase, aldoketomutase, ketone-aldehyde mutase, and (R)-S-lactoylglutathione methylglyoxal-lyase, is an enzyme that catalyzes the isomerization of hemithioacetal adducts which are formed in spontaneous reactions between glutathionyl groups and aldehydes. The primary physiological function of glyoxalase I is the detoxification of methylglyoxal, a reactive 2-oxoaldehyde that is cytostatic at low concentrations and cytotoxic at millimolar concentrations. Glyoxalase I is a target for the development of pharmaceuticals against bacteria, protozoans and human cancer. Simple, direct and automation-ready procedures for measuring GLO-1 activity in biological samples are highly desirable in research and drug discovery. BioAssay Systems Glyoxalase I assay kit provides a sensitive and convenient method for GLO-1 activity determination. The method involves monitoring the increase in the product of the GLO-1 reaction, S-lactoylglutathione, by measuring the change in absorbance at 240 nm.